Why Health Insurance?
In the case of an accident, a health insurance plan to help cover damages and payments or without a plan these costs can be out of pocket. Health Insurance helps pay for medical expenses and surgeries. When you buy an insurance policy, it will detail how much you pay to have medical coverage for potential accidents, injuries, or issues. Paying for procedures and visits to doctors can become quite costly. With so many insurance options available, knowing the specifics of each policy can help you get the best option.
How Does It Affect Me?
President Obama enacted laws to introduce mandatory health care, with certain penalties if you are not insured. Within health insurance there are private and public policy options. Health insurance coverage can come from a private company or from the government. In addition, you can also apply for insurance in emergency situations if you do not already have it. Contact one of our agents today to learn more and get the best coverage for your health.
Types of Insurance Plans
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans offer all needed services for a premium of coverage.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans allow you to see doctors anytime based on agreed upon prices by the insurance provider and health organization.
- Indemnity plans gives you the ability to have any doctor you want but you must submits reimbursements claims to the insurance company.
- Point of Service (POS) plans combine HMO and PPO plans can either have a general practitioner or you can go right to the point of service.
- Health Savings Account (HAS) plans combine HMO, PPO, and indemnity plans to build up savings that are tax free for medical coverage in the future.